Current Study: WHISPER
Joseph Hegarty, MD, FIPP and Andrew Pandya, MD are conducting the “WHISPER” study for patients who have been implanted with a Boston Scientific Precision Spinal Cord Stimulator (SCS) System. During the study, we will program your SCS System with regular settings, but remove the tingling sensations which are normally felt. This is considered investigational. Researchers hope to learn whether the tingling sensation (also called “paresthesia”) is required to have pain relief. Some research studies suggest that pain relief is possible without these sensations that some people find uncomfortable.
- Are you at least 22 years of age?
- Do you have a Precision Spinal Cord Stimulator (SCS) System implanted?
- Has your SCS System been in place for 6 months or longer?
- Are you actively using your SCS System to help treat low back or leg pain?
- Would you be interested in using your system without the tingling sensations?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, you may qualify for the “WHISPER” study.
- Study participation requires approximately 14 visits to Optim Orthopedics during the next year.
- Study visits are free.
- You will receive a compensation for each study visit that you complete.
Please contact Kelly Wiggins, RN for more information at 912.651.8829 or firstname.lastname@example.org